Color is all around us. Some may see it a little differently than others. Most don’t really think about colors other than the basic needs, stop lights & emergency lights. Color relies on light, without light there isn’t any color. Color has also been shown to affect people’s moods. Some colors are more soothing than others.
Properties of Color:
- Hue – the color’s position in the spectrum
- Value – the color’s lightness & darkness.
- Tint – adding white to color
- Shade – adding black to color
- Intensity – the quality of light in a color.
Color wheels show the difference in colors and shows warm, cool, complementary, and contrasting colors.
Some photos that show color in various ways (or lack of color/winter). Even in winter there are various shades of white.
Previous post about LINE.