I ordered a new camera from Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com) shipped from ZeeMo Digital. Here’s the item listing:
Canon EOS 60D DSLR Camera – 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor, a 3″ Clear View LCD, and HD video capture
- (2) Secure Digital 32GB SD Memory Cards ~ one out of two works. (I can’t format one & it doesn’t read in the camra or pc.)
- (3) Extended Replacement Lithium Ion LP-E6 Batteries ~ one charged – working on the other two
- (3) LCD Screen Guards ~ not stellar but they’ll do.
- (3) Piece Lens Filters (UV-CPL-FLD) ~ so far so good.
- 57″ Tripod Full Size Photo/Video Tripod ~ flimsy, the leveling bubble is useless, the last extendable leg at the bottom is narrower than my finger, & it wobbles.
- 6″ Mini Tabletop Tripod ~ typical, not to be used with the zoom lens.
- 6′ HDMI to HDMI Mini Cable ~ nothing to compare it to – typical.
- 67″ Aluminum Mono-pod ~ decent – seems sturdy (so far my favorite accessory)
- AC/DC Replacement Digital Camera Home & Travel Charger 110/220V ~ works well for the house, haven’t tested it in the car yet.
- Adjustable DSLR Camera Carrying Bag ~ not what is pictured, awkward compartments, flimsy dividers/velcro in large compartment. (I dislike this a lot.)
- ALL in One USB Card Reader ~ Haven’t tried this yet, will give it a try tonight.
- Bottle of Lens Cleaning Solution ~ typical
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS SLR Lens ~ so far so good, trying it out today
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens ~ trying it today
- Canon EOS 60D Digital Camera (Body) ~ working as expected, just as the other one I tried does.(I love Canon)
- Dust Blower ~ never received it.
- Lens Cleaning Pen ~ typical, although this one has a spray at one end & a brush at the other. (not the one pictured)
- Memory Card Wallet ~ this one is too small to be useful if the cards are in their case (their cases are large).
- Rubber Lens Hood ~ looking forward to giving this a try today.
- Scratch Safe Cleaning Cloth ~ typical
- Squeegee Card ~ typical, a little flimsy.
- Tulip Lens Hood ~ giving this a try today.
Overall I’m happy with the camera & the lenses. So far the batteries seem like they’ll work, but haven’t tested them all. The mono-pod seems like it’s the better of any of the accessories as far as stands go. The tripod is flimsy and cannot support the weight of the camera with the zoom lens on it, the leveling bubble is useless (the last legs are thinner than my finger). The bag (not the one pictured) is cheap, one of the two SD cards works, the lens cleaning pen is not the one pictured and I never got the dust blower.
The ordering process was a bit convoluted as I had to fax them a copy of my CC & license. I called to make sure they required it. That process delayed the processing of my order as I ordered it last week. After that my order was quickly shipped out and arrived fairly fast.
I’ll post a follow-up to this with how it performs while I’m out this weekend.