I made my first Bind it All book alone. I’m super excited about it. The cover is a tad larger than what it needs to be but that’s okay. My first attempt at closing the rings was a mess but I removed that O wire and replaced it with a new one. I’ll use the mess up on a smaller (less thick) book at some point.
I had only ever made one other book and that was at MMCBBE12 a camping event I went to last August with some friends. I to a BIA class and made a cute little book. The one I just made is bigger, but I basically used the same skills. Although this time I had to cut all of the paper on my own.
I filled this book with white medium weight card stock, thicker colored card stock, a few sheets of black paper, lined paper at the start of every section along with a sheet of tracing paper & a double-sided decorative paper as section dividers. The back has an extra bit of tracing paper. I actually compiled the insides of my book before I made the covers. The covers are a bit too large, but I’m okay with that. I don’t like that the open side of the book isn’t aligned, where as the spine side is. Although if I had one of those tools to rough up the edges I think I’d be okay with that. I should put that on my wish list. I found some clear contact paper at the dollar tree to use on the cover, it may not be top of the line but it looks & works fine.
I hope to do another book or two to share. I was thinking of doing a card/envelope book but haven’t figured out how to get it together yet (the spine) so I’ve been putting it off. I may use my BIA or the binder ring method. I just need to figure out the covers first.
Feel free to share your most recent art & craft project with me. Link it up. 🙂